White's Oats

Supply Chain & Packaging


Sustainable Packaging

93% of our packaging can be recycled at kerb side and we are taking proactive steps to make the remaining 7% recyclable, reusable or compostable by the end of 2022. Plastic remains the biggest challenge but we are actively taking steps to minimise our plastic usage and convert existing packaging so that it can be reduced, reused or recycled. We pledge that 100% of our packaging will be recyclable by Dec 2022.

All our paper and board is sustainably sourced and FSC certified and our packaging bears the label to make it easier for consumers to make the correct environmental and social choice. We are members of the OPRL Recycling Scheme and have adopted the OPRL’s recycle logo, a standardised labelling system that clearly communicates recycling instructions to the end consumer.

Speedicook-Porridge-Oats.png#asset:2248



Achievements To Date

  • Removed 42 tonnes of packaging from our supply chain by removing the lid on our outer cases
  • Removed over 500kgs of packaging in our porridge oats by moving from a 750g pack to a larger 1kg pack
  • Our site operations have a zero waste to landfill

Targets

  • Ensure 100% of our packaging is recyclable, reusable and/or compostable by Dec 2022
  • Reduce our value chain (scope 3) emissions